Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am restoring a 70 SS 396 with factory cowl induction hood and turbo 400. I have several wiring diagrams for chevelles but all show the transmission TCS but none show how the cowl ind solenoid wires together with it. The engine harness was partially cut when I got the car and I am trying to fix it. Is there a seperate relay for the hood solenoid and the transmission TCS? Does anybody have a source for a diagram which shows this?
thanks
Gary

·
Registered
13,151 Posts
Gary,
The CI Hood wiring harness is a TOTALLY SEPERATE harness. It is not in any way integrated with any other wiring of the car. It, and ALL CI Hood electrical related components are available from aftermarket sources.

The CI wiring harness has 2 wire connections into the fuse block, then it goes over to a switch attached to the accelerator pedal, then through the firewall (harness has a rubber grommet) up to a relay attached to the firewall and then a single wire up to the solenoid. And that's it.

------------------
Tom Parsons

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.