Team Chevelle banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:I have a 70 chevelle ss, my issue that im having is with the cowl hood. Im putting an after market intake and carb on and im pretty sure by doing so that the hood wont close with the gasket stuff that goes on the breather...does anyone have any ideas. i have not bought the new intake or carb yet.:confused:

Matthew
thank you for your ideas :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
How much taller is the new intake over the original? What are you going to do with the original parts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont have the original parts...and i need to know what kinda high performance intake and carb i can put on it to allow the cowl induction to still work

·
Premium Member
5,539 Posts
Although I'm a '69 guy, I think that if you don't use the factory spacer, you should be good. The factory intakes are low rise, and an aftermarket intake like a Performer RPM ( which is a popular choice ) won't need the spacer. Also make sure that you maintain the factory air cleaner assembly and you should be good to go.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Here's a pic of mr4speed's ( Chris ) car:

I have a performer and Edelbrock carb on the big block in my 70. I had to remove the spacer that goes between the carb and the air cleaner assembly and also turn the air cleaner rubber seal upside down. My hood closes but it is tight.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Wanted to dredge this thread up to make sure of one thing. The RPM and the RPM Air Gap are the same height, right?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Sorry man, in my haste I didn't even notice they were white on green, still pretty bad combo don't you think? What would you put with green? Maybe black?? Silver?? Tuff to decide. A total repaint would fix that green.
Puff puff give,don't screw up the rotation man...........Wrong thread.

·
Super Moderator
9,672 Posts
I've used both a Performer and a Performer RPM with a Holley 3310.
The seal will work with the Performer and the hood will close. No spacer.
With the RPM (non air gap) the seal was too tight and lifted the back of the hood. Had to leave the seal/steel ring in the trunk when I wanted the hood closed.

One picture is with the RPM and no seal (aluminum manifold)
I like the Performer better. I ground off the name and painted it orange :secret:

Small difference in power but still pulls to 6K+ with the solid llifter cam I used.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.