Team Chevelle banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi group. I finally started fitting the pieces this weekend onto the dash. It comes as a 3 piece set which is the instriment panel, the modified dash strip, and a piece that covers the entire radio and area above the glove box. First off, you will have to notch the bottom of the dash to get the guages to fit (I used 3 3/8" for the tach. and speedo). For the modified strip that goes along the top of the dash, you will have to cut a slot for the factory a/c vent if you have factory a/c. For the other piece, you will have to cut your radio holes into that. In my opinion, it is a marginally decent piece at best. I really like the instrument panel and it fits fine but I am sure for a lot of people they are not gonna hack up the metal part of the dash. The remaining 2 pieces are held on by a 3M strip and my guess is that will only last but so long. And since the factory center a/c vent attaches form the back of the dash, the slot you have to cut for it needs something else like a trim piece to clean it up. Since by car is a hot rod and numbers mean nothing on it, I have no problem hacking on it. But for a numbers matching car of any type, I would have sent it back. When I get the dash finished in a few weeks, I will post a picture and explain what changes I made and you guys can judge it for yourself.

John Weaver

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
I don't know anyone who would be concerned about putting a Covans dash in a numbers matching car!
Most folks would make sure a numbers cars was put into original condition, much less hack it's dash for an aftermarket piece.

Rocky

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
He stated that he got his dash and put it in. He also said that he wouldn't hack a numbers matching car with this dash. Where do you read that he wants to hack the dash in a #'s matching car of someone you know?

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
I wonder sometimes where some of you come up with the stuff you do! I was just commenting that someone with a numbers car probably wouldn't hack a dash to put one in
when he said and I quote
"But for a numbers matching car of any type, I would have sent it back." so if you took the time to read what he said, you would have been intuitive enough to see I was just agreeing.

Rocky

1 - 4 of 4 Posts