Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've succesfully misplaced my wiring diagram as I haven't been working on the car for a while. For the life of me I can't remember how the courtesy lights and door jamb switches are supposed to be wired. My car had them originally and I'm trying to restore them as well.

Anyone have the diagram scanned in to a pic....?

Thanks

Panu
70 Malibu 350

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that explains a couple of things. Is the right side connected to the same circuit and where do you connect the ground to the dome light?

Your help is truly appreciated...

Panu

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The dome light recieves 12 volts all the time on one side of the lamp. The ground is through the doorjam switches and the dimmer rheostat on the headlight switch. When you open the door, the doorjam switch completes the circuit to ground.

------------------
MalibuJerry350
TC Member #1279
Original owner '70 Chevelle.
580,000+ miles on car.
Hey, if it's got wheels, DRIVE IT!
My Chevelle: http://hometown.aol.com/erie614/myhomepage/index.html

·
Gold Founding Member
63,808 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by panu:
Thanks, that explains a couple of things. Is the right side connected to the same circuit and where do you connect the ground to the dome light?

Your help is truly appreciated...

Panu
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The door jam switches are the ground
white wires are grounds from jam switches and head light switch so any one of the three will complete the light's circuit to ground

(If that's what you mean)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts