Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Schematic says Courtesy Lamps Convertibles only 1964

Black/Orange wire goes from the right courtesy bulb across the dash to the left side where the B/OR wire goes in and out of a small single blade plug and on to the left side courtesy bulb another wire jumpers from the same small plug into another small plug.

Where do these plugs, plug into.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Well you got me to open a book. Not sure I see the single blade plugs you mentioned. I see the plugs for the door jam switches.
Does the layout on Page 144 help? One single plug into the fuseblock BAT terminal?

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
the convertible courtesy lamps usually shone on the floor on each side of the car. I would have to get my book out to be of any more help.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes page 144 makes sense. Looking at the schematic the B/OR wire seems to run all over going from 16ga to 20 ga

One plug definitely goes to the fuse block as page 144 shows. The other plug is more square and wont fit the fuse block. It's use has to be close it only has about a three inch reach

Door jam plug is a bayonet style.

My dash is out so nothing is obvious. I have everything new tagged. This is the only old harness in the car.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
The short wire with the male end is to give you a future plug access to the same fuse . It is just a bridge splice. I have this on my courtesy connection and also on my tach connection.

Rene

·
Registered
659 Posts
I just rewired my courtsey lamp.

Mine had a wire going from one terminal on each of the two lamps and teeing together, then connecting with a spade connector to a "lamp" terminal on the fuse box.

The other terminal on the lamps were tied together, along with a wire from the console light, and were connected to each of the two door switches (which ground when the door is open) and to the headlight switch (which grounds when the knob is turned all the way).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts