Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a dealer located outside St. Louis called Country Classic Cars in Staunton, Illinois. My son is thinking about buying a '74 from them. Has anyone had any dealings with them?

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
I went and looked at some cars there a few years ago. What I saw was mostly overpriced and not in very good shape.
Yea, I thought the same thing (stoped in last summer) But they do have a lot to look at, lots of cars sitting there.

·
Premium Member
4,775 Posts
I've seen their website and called to ask about a car a few years back. Huge selection.

Go with cash and wave it around as you haggle...:yes:

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
A friend of mine made the trip of 450 miles one way a couple of weeks ago to look at several cars looking for a decent project, came home with an empty trailer. :noway:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Went there once a few years back...Every car I seen seemed to be priced at double what I would've expected it to be worth.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
they are a holes i have been to car shows/sales where they go around and offer everyone there the asking price and say they will be back at the end of the show and then they usually offer half their original agreed on price after all the real buyers are gone!!! they did this to a guy i wanted to buy a 70 from and he was pissed!!
and their cars are usually 2-3 times what they are worth!!!!

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
I have always wondered about this place too. They had a 66 wagon there that looked promising a few years ago. Price wasnt rediculously out of line but what can you really tell from pictures? Appearently not much because the last I heard, it was still there for sale.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts