Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my issue with wiring.

The signals seem a little slow in blinking. I replaced the flasher but no change in the slow blink. I just noticed last night that when the running and headlights are on they don't blink at all, I didn't test with just running lights. Sometimes when it is one or the other side that doesn't blink you have a bad bulb but this is both sides. I have new battery cables and a good ground wire to the fender. Should I run another ground strap from the block to the frame ... actually, that does sound lke a good idea.

I read all the posts around here on wiring and so many come back to a bad or weak ground. Could there also be a hot wire grounding somewhere?

Thanks ... less than 4 weeks to racing !!!!!!

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
A couple of questions. Did you change the flasher can under the dash or the one in the fuse block? The one under the dash is the turn signal can, while the one in the fuse block is the hazard can. If you change the one under the dash, did you put a heavy duty camper one in there? A car doesn't like them. Are all the outside signal bulbs lighting up? A missing bulb slows down the flash rate. You don't need another ground strap to the frame. Won't help a thing on the 72.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I changed the flasher can in the fuse block, I will locate the under dash one and replace it. All the outside signal bulbs are lighting up.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
It's between the column and the radio (somewhere). If it's working it's easy to listen for it. Buy a cheap one. They flash better.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, thank you for the pointer on the "other" flasher. I replaced it and all four bulbs for a total cost of about $4.00 to get that crisp blink we are all looking for!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts