Team Chevelle banner

Cost effective Big brake upgrade

987 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  CHELKAMINO 
#1 ·
I will be redoing my front end on my 70 El Camino with SC&C stage 2 +kit. I added baer disks to the rear, I would like to upgrade my front to bigger disks to match, but I can't find anything reasonably priced. Also would like to replace my front springs with something stiffer without going to low(headers).

Thanks Pete

#2 ·
I will be redoing my front end on my 70 El Camino with SC&C stage 2 +kit. I added baer disks to the rear, I would like to upgrade my front to bigger disks to match, but I can't find anything reasonably priced. Also would like to replace my front springs with something stiffer without going to low(headers).

Thanks Pete
Kore3 has a kit to adapt the C5 Corvette brakes to the stock spindles. You can buy the entire kit, or just the brackets and piece together your own... IIRC, the front kit is under $630 if you modify/use stock drum hubs ($930 for billet hubs, and can go higher with some options), but you will also likely need a new master cylinder...

For $630, you get instructions, brackets, hardware, braided hoses, rotors, calipers and pads...

http://www.kore3.com/proddetail.php?prod=10103-01

#3 ·
Running BB or SB motor?
You can go with Eibach Pro spring kit, lowers car (or truck:D) about 1.5 from stock. I just did my Elco the other week......see pic in sig below.
I think the BB spring rate is 580lbs and the SB rate is 520lbs.

If you bought Baer for the rear.......why not match the front?
You could always search salvage yards or Craigslist for LS1 discs......I did with good end results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.