Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked this before and got only one answer. I would appreciate as many answers as possible because your responses will make the difference on what I do. I have a 72 "Heavy Chevy" What is the correct valve cover color for a 402 ci? Chrome? Orange? Thank you

·
Super Moderator
13,143 Posts
Mike,
I doubt that you will get many answers on this one as most Heavy Chevies had small blocks in them. The ones with 402's were pretty rare, I have never seen one. If it helps any, my 71 Heavy Chevy came with a 350 and the valve covers were painted Chevy Orange. I have heard that the only big blocks with chrome valve covers were in the SS's but I dont know that for a fact either.

------------------
Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

1971 Heavy Chevy - original owner
Team Chevelle #100

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Mike,
I didn't own a Heavy Chevy, but for what it's worth, I did own a '72 SS454 in the late 70s. The valve covers were orange.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I know someone who has an original 402 Heavy Chevy that still runs the car in some stock class at the big drag meets. His valve covers were orange when he had the stock valve covers.

------------------
Malibu 307 (aka 406 smblk)
69 SS 396(aka 454)
Wolf in sheeps skin

·
Registered
321 Posts
FWIW,

In 72, even cars that had once been offered with chrome vavle covers in previous years (i.e. SS BB models) came from the factory with Orange covers.

Por que? Yo no se.

------------------
??michael Team Chevelle Gold #77
70 Chevelle SS396 Fathom Blue/White Stripes - Canadian built

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.