Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this would be best posted here or in originallity, but we'll start here. We have a '70 LS5 that is correct in about every way. We have the window sticker as our only documentation so we are trying to determine what we are suppose to have for seat belts. The sticker says, "Front Seat Back Latches, Front Shoulder Belts" (no code). Sounds to us like we should have front & back seat belts and front shoulder belts. Is this how you guys see it? Anywhere else I can verify this?

Thanks,
Bruce
Redwood City, CA

·
Registered
934 Posts
As far as I know, the seat belts were standard by mid 1966 or so. There would be the front, rear and the shoulder belts on the headliner for your year.

A 1970 Malibu with bench seat has 16 belts but since yours is an SS, omit 2 making a total of 14. If by chance you need gold belts, I've got an partial set of them for sale. (non deluxe style)

Front seat back latches is something else that should be standard. ??? They started putting those on for 1967.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your responce Bob (Pa.) but I don't see where you come up with the count differance for the SS? Our SS has a bench seat(black). We currently have just two sets of belts in the front seat, and clips for shoulder harness install in the headliner. Should the front seat have belts for 3 and the back seat belts for 3? If you add that up I still only get 14.
Thanks,
Bruce

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
Bench seat car has lap belt sets for 6 passengers; each passenger lap belt set has a male and female portion, making 12 'belts'. The driver and front outboard passenger each have a shoulder belt set, each of which also consists of a male and female portion, making 4 more 'belts'. That adds up to 16 'belts'.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, we currently have only two lap belts for the front seat and hardware and such attached to the headliner for the shoulder belts. Now I need to find the rest to make it correct.
Bruce

·
Registered
934 Posts
Sorry, I was thinking you had buckets. Bill summed up the belt count.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts