Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a long block 396 and the oil pan that came on it would not clear the craddle, I purchased one on this sight, which looked to be the correct one, 2/3 shallow sump, and 1/3 deep sump, well i installed it everything bolted up fine and now the engine will not turn. I believe the engine was out of a truck, this is the reason the first oil pan woild not work. The pan I installed has alot of clearance under the craddle, maybe too much??? Please help, I do not want to have to pull this engine again. Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Don't think you've got an oil pan problem. Any big block pan will clear the crank on any big block that it'll bolt up to. Like you've noted, it may not clear the crossmember, but it won't interfere with the crank. The pan you bought didn't have some sort of wierd baffles or windage tray or crank scraper installed did it?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, i didn,t see any thing, this engine was minus trans and flywheel when i got it, the only other thing i can think of, i did use the flywheel bolts from the small block i changed out, maybe the flywheel bolts are longer and are hitting the block? these are the only two things i have done to this engine, it cranked over fine before these, and if it is not the oil pan, it has to be something to do with the flywheel i put on. Thanks Steve

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it, the convertor sliped up and out of the sline when i installed the engine, when i tightened the trans it binded everything up, beginners mistake i am learning everyday!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.