Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,640 Posts
My 70 SS 454 LS5-M22 El Camino. I ordered it in Feb. 70. Balt. car built 2nd week of March. My master Cyl. has the square top and bleeders on the side. The Booster says "Moraine" and the word "Moraine" is upsidedown as you look at it. Also a date code is stamped on one of the tangs on the booster. My date code is -- 061 --It was built on the sixty first day of 1970. This date should be before the cars build date. My P.S. box has the same code 054. My steering box was built on the 54th day of 1970. The steering box date will be stamped on the Alum. cover in the raised square box. I hope this may help.
Bob ACES--AACA
Driver is a very detailed 70 SS 454 LS-5 RED Sta. Wgn.
Camino is a Tlr. Queen

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,879 Posts
II'm going to throw a wrench into the works here :). The booster will say Delco-Moraine on it and WILL be in 1 of 2 locations. It will either be upside down at the 7 o'clock position or right side up at the 1 o'clock position. I have 2 original boosters. The positioning of the Delco-Moraine stamp depends on where the front booster cover was drilled for the vacuum port to the engine. The master Cylinder casting number ends in 409 (I have one of those as well :). The date code on the one booster I have is 083, the master cylinder is 080.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts