Team Chevelle banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Mike means your assembly manual if you have one, if not buy one and Mikes fact CD on 66-67's

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike means your assembly manual if you have one, if not buy one and Mikes fact CD on 66-67's
With all due respect partner. Every G/D post in this forum and just about any other online forum can be answered by one book or another.
What the point of anyone posting any question based on your reply?

·
Registered
824 Posts
With all due respect back partner, you dont have to get nasty> you can do a search on here and come up with the info, or like was posted before there is a good pic in the assy. manual. If your trunk floor is original there should be a depression in right rear of trunk, and a small bracket spot welded just behind drop down on right side, , the jack mast goes into there with the hook/mechanism towards frt. , then tire goes over top of mast assy. with base dropped down over hook and wingnut securing everything. My trunk was replaced and I had to work with it to make it look good. Hope this helps, and also this site has so much info and good people that you will always get an answer in some way, shape or form. So ther is no use in getting mad. Somebody will probably chime in with a pic.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not mad, and I wasn't being nasty, I simply wanted to emphasize a passionate response. I always do a search prior to asking any questions. I reailize that this forum has been around for some time and all possible questions have probably been asked more than once. Thanks for your expalination, I have the tab on the trunk floor and the notch just below the right tail light. For some reason my jack doesn't fit corrctly between them. Hence the reason for my post.

·
Super Moderator
16,160 Posts
I have the tab on the trunk floor and the notch just below the right tail light. For some reason my jack doesn't fit corrctly between them.
Then is it possible you have the wrong jack?

Another source for how the jack is placed is the illustration on the jacking instructions sticker.

·
Premium Member
7,454 Posts
Rags.. I think the point Frank was trying to make and one I will make as well.... and this is not just for you..

If you own one these great cars.. no matter if it is a Driver or a Show car.. you MUST MUST Buy and Own ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTION MANUAL ( AIM ) I didn't give you that response because I didn't want to help you.. I was trying to Help you by alerting you to the best source of information you can find.. the Factory Assembly Manual... everyone should have one for their respective model and Year and if you don't... Shame on you all..:sad:

I thank Frank for the endorsement on the Fact Book as well... but in reality.. this answer is in the AIM or the Jacking Sticker as was noted..

I wish you luck Rags.. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.