Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at the point of installing the heater hoses. What is the correct location where i need to hook up the hose going and coming to heater? Also, Do I need to hook up the water that goes from the front of the intake to the water pump? Does anyone have a picture of how they have there hoses hooked up?
Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
I am in the same boat...except my rad fluid was getting backed up in between the water pump and the intake manifold because the way i received the car....the hose had a kink in it, no matter if i made the hose longer or shorter because of the positioning of the valves the hose connects to it creates a kink.. I will post a pic of what mine looks like, I have a 350 wit a stock water pump and edelbrock intake. Show me a pcture of yours.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
5/8 hose from nipple on intake to lower outlet heater core. 3/4 hose from water pump nipple to upper outlet on heater core.....Good Luck

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
I always just thought of it this way. The lower connection on the engine (water pump) goes to the upper (inlet) side of the heater core on the firewall. Obviously, that leaves the upper connection on the engine (intake manifold) would go to the lower, outlet side of the fire wall.

Lower on engine = upper on firewall/heater core.
Upper on engine = lower on firewall/heater core.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts