Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked through a book by Paul Herd that shows a restoration guide for Chevelles. However, I have seen poor reviews from this book for inaccuracies about the colors of certain parts on the car. Has there been a published manual from Chevrolet stating what color certain parts were painted? Because I have a 1965 Chevelle Malibu and some parts have been taken off and wirebrushed or sandblasted and then repainted and they may not be the original color. I am restoring this car to get it as close to originality as possible. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
876 Posts
No not a very good guide, but Rich['65 L79]
should be a big help for you.
----------
Brett
'67
SS396
clone

·
Super Moderator
16,199 Posts
Sorry, this was a double post and I replied first to the other copy. And the holiday's have me busy elsewhere a lot lately!

-----------------------------

I don't know of any book that gets all the information right but you are welcome to ask your questions here. There are a good number of "restore-it-to-stock" guys around who really know what finish belongs where.
And you are more than welcome to peruse my site for detail pictures of my '65 chassis for details on part finishes. I improved and corrected a few minor things since many of the pictures were taken so please ask if anything is unclear.

Good choice on the '65!

------------------
NCOA member #220
ACES member #1670
Team Chevelle #998
YesterYears Chevys #52949
Rich's 1965 Malibu SS Restoration Project Progress Page
1:18 scale diecast car Detailing by Scooter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.