Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gold Founding Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to clean up replace and paint my front end. Have a little dilema on the correct colors to paint the pieces. According to Team Chevelle's Resto article most of the parts are steel color. According to the Chevelle SS Restoration Guide publised by MBI the parts should be semi gloss balck with the exception of the sway bar brackets which should be steel color. Was hoping someone here might know for sure which would be the correct method to follow.

Thks

Rich

------------------
70 SS - L34
Sea Mist Green
N.J.
Member # 442
www.chevelles.com/showroom/richr1

W

·
0 Posts
I have an original 1971, my son's car, all the front end parts are semi gloss black. I will crawl under the beast tonight and have a look at the sway bar rubber mounting brackets and post the info later.

Anything else you need to know while I'm under the car?

------------------
Wally
Gold #67
67 Malibu "Small Block"
90 SS454
71 Malibu "Small Block"
93 torch red vette

·
Gold Founding Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wally,

Thks. My 70 is also original but in 93 the previous owner repainted everything. He does not recall what it was originally - he believes it was all black. As I was washing down the the center link it looked like it was originally black. I think the earlier Chevelles had the cast color on the parts.

Be careful when you crawl under the beast, I like to feed mine before I do that.

Rich

W

·
0 Posts
Mr Bill says his was not painted, he bought his car new, so now I'm not sure? When he rebuilt the front on his heavy chevy he spent lots of time removing the rust on the control arms, no paint!

------------------
Wally
Gold #67
67 Malibu "Small Block"
90 SS454
71 Malibu "Small Block"
93 torch red vette

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.