Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 65 with a 350 crate motor. I have installed a gm serpentine drive system and I am now considering the options a cooling fan. I have the original 4 core radiator. I would be able to mount a conventional clutch fan if I deleted the spacer shroud between the radiator support and the radiator, but I have also considered going the electric fan route. What are you guys running and how do they work? What would you suggest?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What kind of electric will be big enough? Will a single 18" fan do it? Or should I be looking at a dual setup? I have A/C.

------------------
65 Danube Blue 4 door wagon, Factory air, am/fm stereo.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
The Flex-a-lite dual 12" puller fan system is outright incredible. It has a flexible weatherstripping that seals to the radiator around the built in shroud. It is a near perfect fit for 68-72's and may be for other years but I am not sure of other radiator sizes. I use one on my Monte and couldn't be happier with it's performance.

Also, now without the huge shroud, I can stand on the ground in between the radiator and the water pump while working in the motor...ha ha

------------------
'71 468 Monte Carlo Street/Strip
11.55 @ 116.6
1.62 60'

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where can you get the Flexalite fan setup? I don't see it in Summit. Any other mail order cats have it?

------------------
65 Danube Blue 4 door wagon, Factory air, am/fm stereo.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
JimN, I think that's the one I've got sitting in my garage (Summit should have it if you call, that's where I got it. Check under the Black Magic line, I think)- you are welcome to it if you want, I was going to hang on to it in case I ever decided to use it, but I want the stock look so it won't be anytime soon. (had it as a backup on an overheating daily driver)

It is an incredible fan, pulls tons of air. 2 fans and a rubber seal around it that keeps it snug, and it has a thermostat control to raise/lower it's starting point. Only downside is the thermostat goes inside the upper tube, I know you could buy one that clips inside the radiator fins.

As cperril said, it does draw the amps - this one pulls 20 amps. Email me if interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.