Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 68 chevelle 350. with two electric fans. I have one of those crappy pep boys clear plastic coolant recovery tanks that I want to install. where and how have people installed these tanks? I might purchase one of the chrome canister style ones if it would work better. I want to minimize creating innecessary holes in the inner fenders and have it look nice. does anyone have any pics they could post or email me. my email is [email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Chevelleman396, I just removed one of those plastic tanks from my passenger firewall and replaced it with a Moroso aluminum recirc. tank. I fabbed a bracket and hid it away in the fender behind the battery.

There may be room enough there to install the tank you already have.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm interesting. any way you could send a pic of it with the bracket or what size bottle you got. for mine it seems like there is not room. I am considering getting a 70 - 72 buick one that mounts on the passanger side inner fender and is made in a shape where it can mounted on the inner fender. But they are about $150 I am leaning towards something hidden.

one is below.
http://www.oldbuickparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=7429

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
I added a stainless steel tank right next to the radiator on core support onthe drivers side. There was plenty of room there on my 70.

[URL="
[/URL]

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Here is photo of the Moroso recirculating overflow can mounted to the fender behind the battery tray. I drilled a hole through the inner fenderwell for the drain petcock to protrude through. This allows the can to sit just a bit lower than the top of the radiator.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts