Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just droped a TH400 into my 67 Chevelle SS. When I looked under the car, the stock pan is dented and rusted more than I thought. What's a cool and functional trans pan anyone has had good luck with or any negative responce to pans you haven't liked. Thankx

·
Registered
12 Posts
I put on an aluminum pan from TCI. It holds a couple more quarts over the stocker. It has cooling fins on it to dissipate heat. And a handy drain plug to make changing fluid alittle neater. It was pricey at about $90 through Summit racing. It did come with all hardware and a gasket.

------------------
1969 Chevelle SS396/350HP, Turbo 400, 3:31 Posi, and Triple BLACK!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I running the pan by Derael or something like that, its in the summit catalog for 65-70 $$...it holds 1 quart more than stock and has cooling tubes that go completely thru the pan, so far so good, the 350th is holding up behind my big block without a cooler, but that will be added soon,since the hot humid summer days are coming....I like the pan,it dont leak,and apparently it does what it says...my .02 cents

------------------
Bob West
Monett,Mo.
72 Chevelle 461 ci.

·
Gold Founding Member
978 Posts
i have the tci pan...very nice but after installation the internal linkage was binding so off it came and the die grinder came out.

also hangs low as my headers so i am concerned about bottoming out on a bad bump

------------------
Rich
Cocoa Beach, Fla
Team Chevelle #380
46 but feeling like 20 when i'm in my 70 SS 454
[email protected]
www.chevelles.com/showroom/70_SS_454.jpg

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Alunimum is excellent but will break rather than dent if hit. Steel works great, just don't use a chrome one. It will retain heat in the fluid. Black is the best color, dissapates heat very well. A drain plug is a definite plus.

------------------
Pat Kelley
66 El Camino, daily driver
67 El Camino, STRIP/street

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.