Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you ever have one of those days.
I was putting the my interior back together and noticed that the left side lines were not in their little clip retainer, so i went to put them in and SNAP, damn line broke, oil on new seats, carpet, top what a mess.
And worst off the top worked perfectly. It's a 72 and I would like to just repair/replace the one line (new lines @100 bucks).
Has anybody had any luck using industrial tube fittings??

·
Registered
13,035 Posts
If the tubing is that brittle, then you'll be better off in the long run replacing the lines now. It made that big of a mess with you being able to see the line....how big a mess if it breaks again with all the interior reinstalled???

·
Registered
41 Posts
rick,

I DID THE SAME EXACT THING ON MY 66 1&1/2 YRS AGO. I WENT AND GOT THE LINES OFF OF A SUNBIRD AT THE LOCAL PICK N PULL BUT THE BOTTOM ONE WAS NOT LONG ENOUGH, I USED SOME COPPER COMPRESSION FITTINGS FROM THE LOCAL HARDWARE SUPPLY AND SPLICED IN ADDITIONAL LENGTHS OF LINE THAT WHEN I WENT BACK THE PICK N PULL THEY "DONATED" TO ME. IT'S BEEN WORKING OK EVER SINCE WITH NOT EVEN A DROP OF A LEAK. I EVEN USED THE MOTOR FROM THE SUNBIRD SINCE IT LOOKED NEW AND MINE WAS GEETING REAL TIRED.THE SUNBIRD LINES HAD A NEAT FEATURE TOO....THEY HAD A BYPASS VALVE INCLUDED THAT WHEN OPENED...EQUALIZES THE PRESSURE IN THE IN AND OUT LINES. JUST RECENTLY I TOOK THE LINES OFF A CHRYSLER K-CAR CONV. THAT LOOK LIKE THEY ARE THE RIGHT LENGTHS TO AVOID THE SPLICE BUT I HAVEN'T GOT AROUND TO TRYING THEM SINCE MY SPLICED ONES WORK SO WELL!!! P.S.DOES ANYONE KNOW OFF HAND THE CORRECT LENGTHS OF THE CHEVELLE LINES??? IF SOMEONE CAN POST THEIR LENGTHS I'LL MEASURE THE $10.00 PICK-N-PULL K-CAR LINES AND SEE HOW THEY COMPARE TO THE $100.00 repos
ray

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.