Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1970 chevelle and i am considering changing out my front stock a arms i was told that by just replacing the top a arm i can signifigantly change the way the car handles, i already have bigger rims and lower profile tires, with a 1 3/8ths sway bar, and a significant drop to to a set of drop spindles. my question is, is it worth it to switch to the tubular a arms and if so what brand, furthermore does it make a big difference if i change the buttom control arms too.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
i have a 1970 chevelle and i am considering changing out my front stock a arms i was told that by just replacing the top a arm i can signifigantly change the way the car handles, i already have bigger rims and lower profile tires, with a 1 3/8ths sway bar, and a significant drop to to a set of drop spindles. my question is, is it worth it to switch to the tubular a arms and if so what brand, furthermore does it make a big difference if i change the buttom control arms too.
Yes. Adjustable uppers will allow you to run more positive caster. I bought mine from here:

http://www.scandc.com/spcarms.htm

They also have lowers as well.

Do a search, been discussed in detail many times:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Tony before you do anything call Mark at Savitske (610) 346-8154.
He might save you thousands in the long run by not letting you spend thousands only to find out you originally purchased all the wrong stuff.

·
Premium Member
17,391 Posts
i was told that by just replacing the top a arm i can signifigantly change the way the car handles, i already have bigger rims and lower profile tires, with a 1 3/8ths sway bar, and a significant drop to to a set of drop spindles. my question is, is it worth it to switch to the tubular a arms and if so what brand, furthermore does it make a big difference if i change the buttom control arms too.
The upper arms by themselves, probably not too much difference by themselves, but some will allow you to also add "tall" ball joints, which will dramatically improve the handling by effectively increasing the spindle height...

Lower arms usually don't do much for performance although some have some nice features built-in...

I agree, call Mark at SC&C...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts