Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam currently building a 355cu inch engine for my 1970 chevelle i have just about everything figured out to get the most bang for my buck out of this engine except for the torque converter.The rearend gears are 355 posi the engine is putting out 415 hp at 5500 rpm and 435 ft pounds of torque at 4000 rpm at the fly wheel.The cam intake duration is 216 degrees @.050" The exhaust duration is 225 degrees @.050" with .452 intake lift and .464 exhaust lift.Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Rick...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm getting ready to get an coan converter, they match up your converter with your cam specs., rear end gear, tires, etc. I would go with an coan or an ati converter. The reason why I going with an coan is the guy that is building my th400 told me he and all his customers are very happy with running these converters.

Jr.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
All I can say is you need the cruising RPM more than the stall or you can overheat the transmission because it will be slipping too much.

I personally would think a low 2000 RPM one would be good for street or a high 2000 RPM one for strip.

To do it right, call the manufacturer and get their recommendation. That's the best way since they know what their converters will do.

Peter

[This message has been edited by Peter F. (edited 08-22-2001).]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peter F.:
All I can say is you need the cruising RPM more than the stall or you can overheat the transmission because it will be slipping too much.

I personally would think a low 2000 RPM one would be good for street or a high 2000 RPM one for strip.

To do it right, call the manufacturer and get their recommendation. That's the best way since they know what their converters will do.

Peter

[This message has been edited by Peter F. (edited 08-22-2001).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the info at least know roughly where i should be for stall speed, i think a 2200 stall is what iam going to settle with
thanks again Rick...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.