Team Chevelle banner

Converted to SS gauges, which oil & temp switches?

2383 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Jack Action
I am rewiring my '69 Malibu with a AAW classic update kit (very high quality by the way) and swapped in SS gauges while I was at it. Now I am finishing up the engine harness and need to figure out which oil pressure switch and temperature switch to run. Its a small block 350. My local parts store isn't helpful because it assumes the car has idiot lights rather than gauges...

Could someone give me a year/model that would have the right switches?

1 - 2 of 6 Posts
These are the parts from Standard Motor Products:

Temperature sender TS6

Oil Pressure sender PS154

Make sure you have the proper connector (if not OEM):

On mine, with HEI, I had to put an elbow before the oil pressure sender because the distributor was in the way.
See less See more
Also, that PS154 switch Denny listed above, I looked it up and a description said it has a '60psi pressure rating?' How do I know this is the correct one? I've noticed that you can buy switches for either 60 or 80psi. Which does the Chevelle gauge call for?
I checked my original invoice and I actually have the PS-157, which is a 0-60 psi and works perfectly fine with my '69 OEM gauge (repro). I'm not quite sure what is the difference with the PS-154, but maybe that is why it wouldn't fit under my HEI distributor!
1 - 2 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.