Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound like a dumb question, but I have always wondered this....I am starting a complete resto (body off, every bolt) on my '67 (non-SS). I have always wanted a convertable, and wondered if it is possible to create one out of a hard top, either by straight conversion to rag top, or some sort of removable hard top hybrid. I know there are some pretty major body modifications that probably need to be done to keep the body from falling apart on the first turn.
Is this possible? I am willing to do the modifications, but will it work? Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
It'll work, but when you're done, you'll ask yourself why you did'nt just sell your car and buy a convertible. The amount of work and the cost aren't justified. Now you might want to consider making a convertible out of a car that never came that way. I've wondered from time to time how it would be to have a convertible '70-72 Monte Carlo. It seems as though alot of Chevelle parts would fit, but the Monte chassis (and body) is 4" longer than all GM A body cars of the same year.
Happy scheming,
Rich

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.