Team Chevelle banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to call there for days and can't get anyone to answer or it's constantly busy. Anyone know what's going on there or a different way to order parts ?

I'm specifically trying to buy the bus bar/terminal block he has listed as CN-1. If there is a similar alternative that I can actually aquire, I'd appreciate the help.

· Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has been that way for yrs. All you can do is keep trying. He would probably get a lot more business if he had online ordering.
I guess he's not too interested in selling product then if he won't take calls for orders...:confused:
I'll have to find some other product to use as a terminal. I don't have time to mess with calling for a week...:noway:

· Registered
5,122 Posts
I guess he's not too interested in selling product then if he won't take calls for orders...:confused:
I'll have to find some other product to use as a terminal. I don't have time to mess with calling for a week...:noway:
Then don't mess calling for a week.

The MAD guy has forgotten more about charging systems than most people here ever knew. He is more interested in the hobby than he is in just selling parts. If he has something you need he is more than willing to charge you. If he knows something you don't know he is more than willing to take the time to explain it till you understand.

Do you want someone who just wants your credit card number or do you want to talk to someone who actually knows what the hell he is talking about? The reason he is hard to reach is because he tries to HELP his customer not just score another hit on the credit card machine.

Sure he is tough to reach, the easy people to reach are easy to reach for a reason. I could tell ya the way to reach him, usually in one or two calls but your atttitude says to me that you need to shop elsewhere.

I called him just two weeks ago. I was ready to buy something just to get the literature that he includes with his bundle of electrical components. Second call got right thru. I expalined that I had put his conversion charging system in several years ago and lost his documentation. I told him I could not recall why I did a couple of things...he took the time to explain and it all came back to me. He said "You don't need the documents or the $25.00 charge for the parts..let me walk you thru how you must have done the wiring and it should all come back to you.

He did walk me thru and it did all come back. No charge ...nice guy. Too bad you are in such a rush.

· Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sure he is tough to reach, the easy people to reach are easy to reach for a reason. I could tell ya the way to reach him, usually in one or two calls but your atttitude says to me that you need to shop elsewhere.

Too bad you are in such a rush.
Usually people who won't share helpful info out of spite don't really have the info in the first place.

I don't doubt he's a wonderful, helpful guy, unlike you. If you really have a sure-fire way to contact him and want to help him make a sale and a little profit, get off your soapbox and share the contact info. That's all I asked for, not a condescending speech.

· Registered
5,122 Posts
Usually people who won't share helpful info out of spite don't really have the info in the first place.

I don't doubt he's a wonderful, helpful guy, unlike you. If you really have a sure-fire way to contact him and want to help him make a sale and a little profit, get off your soapbox and share the contact info. That's all I asked for, not a condescending speech.
Well ya got what ya got. Condescending or not ya can take it or leave it. Unlike me he is indeed a helpful wonderful guy. Me, I am just a guy who is tired of hearing people bitch about the way they think things ought to be. I see someone who wants to help people and I want to say something good about them. Someone who gets his underware in a knot about not getting instant response gets the unhelpful condescending rant.

Keep dialing or don't keep dialing...you make the call.

· In Memoriam
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
25,548 Posts
>>> "Keep dialing or don't keep dialing...you make the call."

LOL. oman strikes again.

· Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well ya got what ya got. Condescending or not ya can take it or leave it. Unlike me he is indeed a helpful wonderful guy. Me, I am just a guy who is tired of hearing people bitch about the way they think things ought to be. I see someone who wants to help people and I want to say something good about them. Someone who gets his underware in a knot about not getting instant response gets the unhelpful condescending rant.

Keep dialing or don't keep dialing...you make the call.
It's great that you want to say something nice about Mark and I'm sure he appreciates that but I doubt he would see the "help" in withholding useful information IF you actually have contact info other than what's on his web page.

My "attitude" is that if you have a webstore selling product, then you need to tend the store. I don't feel asking for an alternative way to contact him after 3 days of many attempted calls qualifies as "instant", but you seem to be able to make that judgement call from just 2 lines in a post.

Rant away.... I won't see it since you've earned the distinction of being the first person I've added to my "ignore' list....:D

Moderator, feel free to remove this thread. Other than bikeron's post, there's nothing here that needs to be saved.

· Registered
86 Posts
Mark doesn't sell the CN-1 terminal block seperately anymore, only if one of the big kits. His supplier stopped making it and he has not found another manufacturer. Terminal blocks are really hard to find, even on the web. I got mine from fastronix....5/16" stud.
Mark is usually easier to reach from 6-9pm PST

· Registered
334 Posts
If you have ever talked to Mark at Madd you would understand his love, dedication and comitment to the hobby. Do you know why the phone is busy so much? Because he probably averages 35-45 minutes on the phone with EACH person that calls in. In fact, its sorta tough to get OFF the phone with him. He will share valuable info with you even if you haven't spent a dime with him! He could sell a ton more stuff if hew spent less time on the phone helping customers but it's hard to blame him for that.

He is not a technology guy though so no voice mail system.

If you have never talked to him I'm sure it's tough to understand. Just keep calling. Remember he is on Pacific Time.

· Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mark doesn't sell the CN-1 terminal block seperately anymore, only if one of the big kits. His supplier stopped making it and he has not found another manufacturer. Terminal blocks are really hard to find, even on the web. I got mine from fastronix....5/16" stud.
Mark is usually easier to reach from 6-9pm PST
If you have ever talked to Mark at Madd you would understand his love, dedication and comitment to the hobby. Do you know why the phone is busy so much? Because he probably averages 35-45 minutes on the phone with EACH person that calls in. In fact, its sorta tough to get OFF the phone with him. He will share valuable info with you even if you haven't spent a dime with him! He could sell a ton more stuff if hew spent less time on the phone helping customers but it's hard to blame him for that.

If you have never talked to him I'm sure it's tough to understand. Just keep calling. Remember he is on Pacific Time.
I appreciate the helpful reponses...:thumbsup:
Unfortunately I let my time line for a part run down to just a couple weeks and found an alternative that my electrical guru likes as well. No need for fusable links and readily available at my local Auto Zone for $10

· Premium Member
3,512 Posts
I appreciate the helpful reponses...:thumbsup:
Unfortunately I let my time line for a part run down to just a couple weeks and found an alternative that my electrical guru likes as well. No need for fusable links and readily available at my local Auto Zone for $10

You may regret using such a piece...

Ron

· Premium Member
655 Posts

:yes: LOL....... I can vouch for that.

· In Memoriam
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
25,548 Posts
so what's wrong with them? cheap china junk?

· Registered
86 Posts
I'm also having a hard time finding terminal blocks and can't reach Mad Ent.

I may go with a marine product I've used in the past, I know this isn't cheap junk.

http://bluesea.com/products/2303

They also have a cover that protects the studs. Available at West Marine.

Jon
Looks like that would make a neat install...I would have bought that if I could have found it. (Price?) Everything in that style has isolated dual terminals instead of a unified full-length buss.
One of the reasons I used the fastronix 5/16" single stud was so I could use the Ford style 14 ga. fusible link wires with the ring terminal already made. Easy just to crimp and solder step-down butt connectors to 10 ga..
Kinda looks like a willow tree now with all the runs coming off it.

· Premium Member
3,512 Posts
OK, I'll bite...............why ?

Nothing to do with China junk or any of that stuff. I don't know where it is made. What I have found with the Kragen/ORiley type stuff is that the copper alloy is not the more rigid variety but soft meaning it is more likely to bend and break. They don't have the same thickness of copper thus the terminals (quick connects) that attach don't have a good contact (gas tight) that is required for long life. Plating thickness is yet another issue,

Finally, to me the worst part, most of these products when used at or near what a quick connect should be able to carry (20A to 25A) generate greater losses (see the copper thickness comment above) and get excessively hot. This limits their life.

I agree with those that use the BlueSea stuff. These products have ratings for current and ambient temperature while the cheap stuff has none.

Caveat emptor

Ron

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.