Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please let me know if a 66 Chevelle 4-speed console is worth more than an aoutomatic console? What is the going rate for each in excellant condition. Are there any vendors that specialize in these?

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
740 Posts
On my 68 when i bought a used console i could ahve bought both for same price i wouldn't imagine it would be much different for 66

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
You can find them advertised for $300-325 for good ones, most times you can buy them for around $275.Just 'cause their asking that price, doesn't mean they won't sell it for a little less.I don't like to haul all my parts back home from a swap meet,and Sunday is a real good day to buy bargains. That's what I find in most instances.Do you need one? I may know where a couple are for sale!E-mail me if interested.

------------------
' 72 Malibu project ACES # 1282 Team Member # 427
' 70 C-10 Pickup

·
Premium Member
17,544 Posts
I would think theres much difference. I haven't noticed any. One thing to remember is that with the four speed, you can run a hurst shifter, or a reproduction stock shifter. I don't think anyone makes a repro automatic shifter yet. I used to run a B&M that fit completely under the stock console, even with the factory chrome and indicator, but I wouldn't have paid $275+/- for that setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.