Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 chevelle. When I got the car the last owner had removed the console and cobbled some tin and leather together to make a custom console complete with can holders and everything, it was a real dandy. Anyway, I gutted out his handywork put in new carpet etc. The only problem is that I cant find a new console anywhere all the mags I have seem to carry only 68 and up nothing for the 67. I was just wondering if anyone knows of a place that might carry complete consoles or if I could use a console from a later year just to get by untill I can get the right one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
I've had great sucess posting a "want ad" right here on Team Chevelle in the parts section. Give it a try....there are a lot of folks that cruise both the stuff for sale and the stuff wanted, and will reply to you if they have what your after. Good Luck!

------------------
Gregg Haskin
72 Chevelle SS
ZZ502 Crated RAT
Muncie M-20 4 speed
TEAM CHEVELLE #726 ACES #4486
"PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!"
“What the heck are all these extra nuts & bolts for?”

My 72 Chevelle SS Restoration Website: www.72ChevelleSS.com

·
Premium Member
17,428 Posts
They are starting to reproduce parts of the consoles (top front section, rear chrome surround for rear section).

I haven't heard of anything, but I am surprised that no one has reproduced the consoles yet...

The later years will not really work because the shifters are completely different. Of course, you could get them to fit, bit it would look out of place IMO...

By the way, in case you didn't know, 1966 and 1967 consoles are the same... It might be easier to find if you look for both years... Some 1967 consoles did have "seat belt clips", but otherwise are identical.

------------------
"Once you go RAT, you never go back..."
TC #1366
Tony
http://www.chevelles.com/showroom/Quik66.jpg
http://www.chevelles.com/showroom/eng7.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,988 Posts
Be prepared to pay BIG dollars...... I saw one at Carlisle in the spring, and the lady wanted $700.00!! It was a very nice piece, but $700.00??? Any way, I would buy a ok one and send it out to this guy in Mass who restores them to better than new condition. Just my opinion.

------------------

1 - 6 of 6 Posts