Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, I'm converting my 72 from column to console, i've got it all in but can't locate where the concole harness's lights plug connects to the main harness. I've got the neutral safety switch plugged in and working

·
Registered
12,948 Posts
I did exactly the same thing, except I went 4sp. Also, I could not find where to plug in the console light, so I just spliced into the interior light wires, orange and white, ran them under the carpet and crimped on the terminals. Works great. My car is a 70 conv which has courtesy lights under the dash and the orange/white wires were easy to get to. If yours is a 2dr, it may require more searching.

------------------

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DZAUTO
thanks , i really was hoping it would have a factory connector and not require spicing, but sometimes you got to do what you got to do to make it work

·
Registered
119 Posts
DZ is right. The factory dash harness does not have the connecter for the console courtesy light. You must splice. On my 69 I did this until I got a new harness when I got factory gauges. It is in the new harness even if you don't have a console

·
Registered
12,948 Posts
Rick,
There is a wire splice on the market (I know 3M makes it, I have a box full) that is folded in half with a metal piece inside. You just open it up, lay in 2 wires, squeeze it together with pliers (the metal piece penetrates the wire insulation and makes contact), and a little latch flips over it to keep it closed. Too simple, and if need be, it is very easy to separate.

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.