Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my console top plate on my 70 Chevelle. Has anyone tried a repo top plate or the repo brushed aluminum insert. Do they look and fit like original? Thanks for any imput, Todd
http://www.chevelles.com/showroom/70pic4.jpg

[This message has been edited by dale3 (edited 02-28-2002).]

[This message has been edited by dale3 (edited 02-28-2002).]

·
Registered
543 Posts
yes, I have a reproduction console(mine was pretty beat up). I ended up re-using my glass because the green lettering was not right, and I was not happy with the quality insert so I re-used the original

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
I just bought a reproduction auto top plate from Danchuk. The chrome plating was, in my opinion, very poor. A lot of surface imperfections and dull spots. Must be made in Taiwan. Just sent it back.

Mike

·
Registered
216 Posts
I had bought a repro top plate about 2 years ago and noticed the same crappy chrome job. Thinking it was just a bad part, I returned it and got another. Same lousy chrome. I ended up repainting the black on mine and installing the new aluminum panels and it looked better than the repro. If you really wanted to get carried away, I guess you could have your original replated. I'm getting to the point where I don't throw anythiing out, even if I replace stuff with new repros, I keep the old part just in case I decide to get it redone down the road.

------------------
72 SS coupe clone & 69 ragtop. www.NoNecksChevelle.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts