Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm restoring the console on my 66 ss . anyone out there know what shade of black I should use to make it look original ? I've heard about a landeau black or sems black anyone know any paint numbers and where i can find this paint ? thanks

· Registered
64 Posts
I would suggest that you take a interior panel such as the back of one of your seats and take it to a reputable paint store and have them match the panel to the paint. You will also probably them suggest an interior type paint . I just did this with my 66 and the match was perfect!

· Premium Member
12,570 Posts
I know my local auto body supply sells the Sems products. You could also try Eastwood supply for online ordering.

· Premium Member
316 Posts
I have a 67 with buckets and console with black interior. I painted the console and backs of the buckets with SEM #15233, gloss black. It really blended in good with the new black original style seat (UPI) covers. A buddy had his black interior done but in a dull almost flat black and he used SEM 39143 Trim Paint, this is a duller/flatter color and his really turned out nice too and it all blends together .
Both of us are happy with the paint, holes up real nice and easy to clean. We got it at our local auto paint store.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.