Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know how to reproduce the FACTORY console storage felt. From what i understand it sprayed one somehow. this is not like the felt on the bottom of you lamp =P

·
Registered
368 Posts
This process is called "flocking" and it is sprayed on with a special gun. Local auto paint supplier would be a good place to start.

·
Registered
705 Posts
You may also be able to find some at your local auto glass replacement shop. But I'm not sure if it comes in large sizes.
I used it on my weather strip door where the window rubs when you roll it up or down and when the top weatherstrip layer is worn the glass graps and will rip more so I placed a piece of it over the worn spot and the glass slides now without further damage to the weatherstrip. It's a peal off sticky back like a roll of tape.

Mark

·
Registered
982 Posts
I only know how to destroy it! I broke my inner glove box and its soft felt when I changed my heater core. OOPS!

·
Registered
16 Posts
One method is to use velour flocking that is used in the plastic modeling hobby. They use it to simulate velour seat covers, carpet, etc. The particular product that I used to restore my '70 Chevelle console was from Detail Master. It should be available from any decent Hobby Shop that sells plastic models. I have never seen it at Hobby Lobby or Michaels (Houston area).

You can purchase it online at www.detailmaster.com . The only problem is that it is sold in small quantities,so it can be expensive. I used approximately 8 containers of it. You will also need aerosol glue. It comes with complete instructions on how to apply it and it makes a seemless velour coating just like the factory GM finish.

Good luck, R. Garcia

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any one know where to get this flocking stuff cheeper than $3.50 a little thing. was hoping to get out of the deal cheeper than $50.

Thanks again

Hot66

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.