Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car's original bench seat is long gone.I didn't want the expence to do a bucket conversion so my plan was to get a nice bench seat.What I found was a pair of buckets ,drivers side power.I asked the guy at the yard how much.He said $15 each.For that price I could't pass them up.Then just by chance my sons step-father told him that he got a job tearing down a garage and that there was a lot of old chevelle parts that the owner left.He said if we wanted them we better get them before monday,other wise they would go to the dump.We hit pay dirt.All the parts were for a 71 chevelle or elcamino.Among the parts were glass,bumpers,and my newest treasure,a floor shift tilt wheel steering colum.The best thing about these parts is they were free.So with this amount of money I invested I decided I could splurge for a console.The next stop was with my old elcamino freind.He hooked me up with a mint monte carlo console.He even threw in a extra horse shoe shifter.All this for $150.Finaly to the question.What size hole do you need for the shift cable.Also on the shift indicater lens,is there a red pointer on the inside,or do you just line up the handle with the white lines on the lens.When ever you buy the repro brushed aluminum,does it come with the trim around the shift indicator,or do you have to get the whole shift plate/dial assembly for $70.Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
If I recall its a 1 inch hole,No red line just line up the lever,I believe the brushed trim comes as a set

------------------
Philip Mullaly
72 TPI El Camino
"Hey Ya'll watch this...."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts