Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the wiring in my 65 is disgusting. I having done much with it since I bought the car.

There are a lot of extra wires in there that I know are not in use. So I am thinking just start over from scratch and clean it up.

Any suggestions? I saw a GM harness at Summit.

BTW car has new electronic extras
Ignition box, fuel pump, fan, gauges.

------------------
Team Chevelle Gold
1965 406 6speed
1998 Tahoe LT 4x4

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
I have used the repro harnesses with excellent results. I have also used a Painless (in my streetrod). It was as advertised and looks good. It is harder to install because you have to cut and terminate most of the wires. Looks as if you would have a combination of the two. Probably a "custom" front half and stock back half, oh, then there's the fuel pump back there.... So a Painless or something similar may be the way to go. Just be sure to get one with enough circuits.

------------------
Dave Bradley
www.corvetteforum.net/classics/d1_bradley
'69 SS396 ragtop
'33 3W Coupe
'65 Vette BB Roadster

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I put the 18 circuit Painless harness in my car and I had ZERO wiring experience. It was not "Painless" but their tech people spent all the time I needed to learn. The good: circuits for electric pump, 3rd brake light, electric seats, power windows, one wire alternator, MSD ignition, no horn relay needed, good new fuses. The bad: poor instructions, you need to change your amp meter to a volt meter (actually a good thing too), no clear instructions for wiring in the gauge cluster.

------------------
Redrum (or Mike)

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather...

68 Corvette - 383 CI 427 HP
69 SS Chevelle being updated to Pro-Touring
97 Z-28

Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
Most of the repro parts places sell M&H harness'. You can buy direct from them, here is a link; www.wiringharness.com give them a try, they will do some custom work, you will have to ask.

------------------
Leo Paugh
Maryland Chevelle Club #017
A.C.E.S.#3731
progress has little to do with speed, but lots to do with direction.
Maryland Chevelle Club

1 - 5 of 5 Posts