Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a formula or software program to tell what my compression ratio will be, I am getting to different answers from people. It is a 72 454 block bored 40 over, with 69-70 L-34/L-35 CLOSED chamber oval port heads. These heads by my book are 101 cc chambers. I am also using forged FLAT top pistons. The block and heads are not milled, just slightly resurfaced. I believe the compression ratio will be somewhere around 9.0. Another source says these heads have a chamber size of 96.5 Any one suggest a reliable source.

Thanks for the help.

Forgot to mention the casting #'s #3931063

[This message has been edited by stevenb8 (edited 08-28-99).]

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
From similar engines with pretty much the same combo you are looking at 8.0-8.5, thats about it..need a small dome to get in the 9s, so with this combo make sure you dont over cam the engine...this one should be for torque.

------------------
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just found a internet source that says these heads with that casting # are 96 cc chambers. I feel that with this cc volume I believe it will be somewhere in the 9.2-3 or so. Where can I find a reliable source with the correct cc size for these heads?????

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes they are trw forged flat tops with 2 valve relief's. Just trying to figure out what compression ratio I will be running

thanks,

·
Boldly procrastrinating
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,058 Posts
I get 9.5:1 with your specs.

Tom

·
Registered
60 Posts
According to MSA, those heads have a 101 cc chamber. I would have them cc'd if I were you. My 049 heads listed for 113 cc's, but actually were 117.5. Hope this helps, Don.

------------------
Don McGowen
1970 SS El Camino
Gold #179

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.