Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to have the rear window removed and resealed. I need to find a competent glass company that is familiar
with the classic cars to do it. I refuse to let the company that replaced my windshield touch my car ever again, as
they were messy and the windshield still leaks (their 'warranty' doesn't cover leaks). If anyone knows of a good company
in the Mesa/Tempe/Gilbert/Chandler area, please let me know. It really needs to get done. Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
16,207 Posts
I don't know of any in your area but suggest you find a mom and pop company. Maybe some of the owners at the local shows could recommend someone. We have a guy in Tucson that does great work. Older guy that understands older cars. If you can't find one there set up an appointment to meet at my place with him and we can hang out while he does the work.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Totally agree on getting referrals from other car guys. Don't believe any TV ads.

·
Premium Member
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I called a guy this morning and he came out by 11:30. He removed the window, cleaned everything up, and reinstalled it for $120. Hopefully it will stop the leaking into my trunk (the water would run down the inside of the window). The metal around the rear window was good except for a couple of spots. I may leak test it in a few days, then put the chrome back on if it is all sealed up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts