Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had just finished putting on a compact spare on my wifes Corsica, while I had a leak repaired in the full size tire.

Anyways, when I was putting my 70 Chevelle away for the Winter (Ohio) later that day, I hadda thought. {

I usually breakdown my Aluminum sports wheelchair in the trunk, and fight the spare tire for room. I figured I might be able to get a compact spare for the Chevelle from a local junkyard. That way I would have more room in the trunk.

To make a long story longer, here's my question: What size do I look for? (I run 15x7 rallys and have front Discs) and what kind of price should I expect?
Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm using a T145/80D16 from a 80's Caprice Wagon. If you have a posi unit, pick your spare so that the outside diamater is as near as possible to the rear tires. If you'll E-mail your rear tire size, I'll make a specific recommendation.
Oh, by the way, junk yard was giving them away. They have so many and so little call that they pay scrap dealers to haul them away.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The 15" compact spare, with a 125 70/15 tire, are candidates for front drag rims, but the tires that can be used with the rim should come off a VW Bug or Type III. Or locate a pair of Moroso drag slicks.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Drag Rims
Cheap but too heavy
Compact spare tire is an excellent high speed tire but has very poor wet traction so it's limited to 45 MPH. Didn't think I could pass Tech with a tire labeled "45MPH Maximum"

[This message has been edited by Fred Aldrich (edited 12-02-98).]

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys, I just wanna ditch the full size spare for a compact to make room for my sports chair. So, I'll check the tire size tomarrow and post it.
DG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.