Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used that wax that is supposed to
"hide" small chips and scratches? I seen it on "TV" so in must be good.
Harley

·
Administrator
3,375 Posts
The only thing it's good for is changing your skin color to whatever the wax is. really, I, umm, heard about this once

The wax didn't look any different on the car unless you troweled it into the chips!

(takes about a week for your hands to come back to normal - looks freaky.)

·
Registered
287 Posts
I used it on at least 2 cars and my trailer. It works. Just don't expect it to look like a new paint job. As the wax deteriorates the chips will become noticeable again. I say if your going to wax a car thats kinda rough anyway, what harm can it do to use this type of wax?

·
Registered
172 Posts
And for Pete's sake , DON'T pour acid on the the hood to test that spaceage wax! I don't suggest the lighter fluid test either.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I have used black wax on my 69 to hide some chips on the rocker panel. It works reasonably well for black. Can't speak for other colors. It isn't bad if you want to decrease the presence of chips in the paint. Judging from the quality and reliability of the body shop folks I've dealt with in the past, I'll use the wax with color before I get a new paint job.

My last paint job as of 3 years ago is still haunting me. The wax is worth a try.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I use the bright red on my Vette when preparing it for a show. Looks good, doesn't leave a "white dust" behind when wiping it off. Hides the minor little scratches.

Wear plastic gloves. Don't get it on other colored areas ( such as stripes ).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.