Team Chevelle banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a project 66 SS car. the color of the car is Chateau State Met. with black interior. so what color will the dash and stering colunm be along with the dash pad?. this is one of the many questions I will have

·
Registered
225 Posts
I believe that if the interior is black the dash pad should be black and all interior metal should be 60 degree gloss black.

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. the reason I ask is when locking at cars some dashes are painted body color, and some are interior color.

·
Registered
225 Posts
No problem, I just looked at your new project and the interior paint seems to look pretty original(hard to be sure from pics) so I think it's probably all black. I do notice that it has 67 style bucket seats. They are the same as 66 but 66 buckets don't have the release buttons on the side.

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes they are 67 seats. I am going to try to make them like 66 seats. unless someone wants to have an even trade

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Herb the seats in my car needs new foam, backs, and covers. that is all I know now here is the only pic I have now. I will have more over the weekend.

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Herb do you have the 66 or 67 seat covers on your seats

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
Keith,

Don't know. They were on there when we bought the car this past year. Right now, the interior is out of it, and the body is being completely reworked. Actually, this body was so bad that I'm going to replace it with one I got from another car with a bad frame. We're about to totally disassemble the frame for gavanizing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts