Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, does anybody know any easy way to get some inf about cola cranks and stuff, like a web site or smth.

Any other comments also most welcome. Thankyou!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gene, Cola manufactures crankshafts... Is quite famous, but for obvious reasons my knowledge is limited.. (understatement)

·
Super Moderator
12,779 Posts
Vortech,
The guys at Cola are very helpful and will tell you anything you need to know. I do not have thier phone number here at home but I have seen it in many magazines. If you can not find it by Monday, e-mail me and I will send it to you so you can call them.

------------------
Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

1971 Heavy Chevy - original owner
Team Chevelle #100

W

·
0 Posts
Hey Gene, there is another company that calls it's cranks "Kryptonite" cranks. These where big deals in top fuel motors.

------------------
Wally
Gold #67
67 malibu

·
Super Moderator
1,813 Posts
Vortech, The Summit Proline Cranks are manufactured by Cola. Look in the Summit catalog they have a lot of info about it and they dont say it, but I bought one for a blown small block and it came with a Cola part number on it. Great crank, the guy who internally balanced the engine said what a pain it was, he said the crank material was so hard he went through several drill bits.

·
Gold Founding Member
10,968 Posts
Summit told met that the Trick Flow cranks are COLA units. The guy who balanced mine also commented on how hard they are to drill. Seems they are harder than other 4340 cranks. I don't know if that is good or bad. (I really like the idea of HARD journals, but of course "hard" can also mean "brittle" unless you heat treat properly!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.