Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped into the local In-N-Out Burger on Wednesday.
Stepped into line and heard the person behind the register tell the customer in front of me their order # was 6. I thought to myself, hmmmmm, could I get it? Would I get it? It's possible I could get it? The timing might be right for me to get it...............

Bear in mind there are 2 registers and two cashiers working. So it's my turn to order and I step up and order. After I pay, he hands me the receipt and, yep, it happened. My order # is............... 9.

Order #9 on 9-09-09

I asked the cashier what I won and he just chuckled.

I saved the receipt and I think I'll frame it.

Anything coincidental and weird happen to you guys like this?

On another note, sometimes I go in there and get order # 69. That's kinda cool too and I think I have 2 of those receipts now. I'd say I have the 2 in 3 years, so it doesn't happen often.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
a couple months back, i was at lunch reading the obits, the guy next door dropped a business card on my desk, a woman was out front looking at my 63 fairlane and wanting to buy it.

i called her later that day, and she said she had to go to a funeral and would contact me later. it eneded up being the daughter of the man i had just read the obit on.....

·
Registered
654 Posts
a couple months back, i was at lunch reading the obits, the guy next door dropped a business card on my desk, a woman was out front looking at my 63 fairlane and wanting to buy it.

i called her later that day, and she said she had to go to a funeral and would contact me later. it eneded up being the daughter of the man i had just read the obit on.....

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I was at the drag strip about a month and half ago. The number they put on my car was 108. About 2 weeks ago I went back to the drag strip with the old number still on the car. When the guy who was teching the cars got to my car, he said "this is really weird". I asked him what he meant. He said "my next number is 108 and you already have it on your car". I responded yeah that is kinda weird. He said " this is the second time that this happened to me this month."

·
Registered
443 Posts
Back in 66 I had a 55 chevy and wanted to buy a 66 396 SS I sold the chevy to a kid 16 years old, his parents owned a business where I would go 1 or 2 times a year. A few years latter I asked how her son was doing,she said he was now married and bought his first house ,turns out that was my first house. so he bought my 1st car and my first house and didnt know the kid at all.

·
Registered
137 Posts
a friend stopped over my house one day after work while i was swapping a saginaw 4 speed for a Muncie in a Camaro i used to have. he asked what was i going to do with the old saggy. he ended up taking it home for a project his son was working on.

fast forward 10 years later, my friend was unfortunately killed and his son had taken a wrong road in life and was in prison. the other son came over my house and asked if i'd be able to help him out so he could help his brother. i asked what can i do ? he asked me if i'd be interested in buying his brother's '64 Nova for $300.00 so i came over looked at it and bought it.

trailered it home (non running for years and years) and found it had my old saginaw transmission in it.

i don't know if this story fits in the conversation or not but i found it interesting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts