Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for coilover shocks for the rear of my 71 big block i just want to raise the rear about 1 to 1 1/2 inches.i heard there are shocks out there that allow the user to adjust the height.i would like the name of the manuf.and where i can purchase them

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Koni makes the best, they come from Koni valved for road racing. If the car is a drag race application they will need to be re-valved. Lamb Componenets sells the shocks already done, they also sell the springs you need to get the proper ride height. None of this is cheap, and in order to work the correct way, they need to be mounted near vetical, not like the are mounted now.

------------------
Wally
Gold #67
67 Malibu "Small Block" second owner
90 SS454
71 Malibu "Small Block"
93 torch red vette(crashed)Bad day at Blackrock! 6 grand in damage!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Virgl
Mabe someone knows who make the spring spacer boots for the top of the springs. I hope you got the chevelle world mags I dropped off the other day

Mike

------------------
Mike
aces member #03260
69SS396
69 converible
(JBROWN)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Your best way to go is to use the lift bags that install in the coil springs. This applies the load of the car where it was designed to. They are available through Performance suspension technology. Or if you cant afford them drop me a email Ive got 1 set of coil spring mount spacers I will sell you for$20 their yours [email protected]

------------------
PhilMullaly Member562 72camino TPI proj

·
5,855 Posts
Memphis, I think what you are looking for is load-leveler shocks with a helper spring. Installing coilover shocks is a whole new ballgame.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Gang;

The rear shock mount isn't designed to carry the load of the suspension!!

I've got "air shocks" on the back of my wagon just in case I want to tow something. The air pressure in them is just enough to keep them inflated. If and when I do have to pump them up to level the car (boat in my dreams), it will be only for a short period of time and I'll be careful about what bumps I hit.

------------------
Wes. Vann
Technical Reference section
Gold Member #5

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.