Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1974 Monte is in desperate need of springs. I would like to raise the ride height in front and back (Back a little higher than front) I was told that 80's era Malibu wagon springs are perfect to accomlpish this on my car. Any suggestions on brand? type? etc? Price? Keep in mind I want it raised in front and back (not too drastically, just off the ground more, right now the car sits very low) Thanks for the help

[This message has been edited by Louman454 (edited 06-06-2001).]

·
Registered
190 Posts
Before you get wagon springs or something similar, you should consider that maybe it is sitting low because the current springs are sacked out. Maybe the control arm bushings are also.
I've put Moog springs on my '71 and have been pleased. You can get them at any good parts house or from some of the resto catalogs. I know National Parts Depot sells them. Or . . you can check with Eaton Spring and get some specifically for your car with the desired ride height in mind. They cost a little more, though.

------------------
Phil
"I don't believe I'da told that"

·
Registered
173 Posts
Most likely Uncle is right, your springs if they are orig. are to old and sagging. I put a set, (front and rear), of moog stock springs on my sons 70 chevelle and it raised the car to original height which was about 2 1/2 to 3" higher than it was with the saggy springs. The headers don't hit the ground any more. That cost us some dough! hit one of the steel plates on the road ouch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.