Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing my coil springs, I already took appart my driver side, I am starting passenger side right now, it looks like there are little bolt spacers between the coil spring. I have no idea what this is. It looks wrong to me, or new actually.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Phil, What year? I believe Those are quick fixers.(coil spacers) There used to raise the cars ride height back up.When coil springs get weak(old)they lose there stiffness and the cars ride hieght lowers closer to the ground and causes the car to bottom out when hit bumps. You don't need to put them back in if that is what they are.Jim :D

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YEah it's a 71. Spacers! Ah, Yeah sounds right, I bought 2" Lower springs brand new. But yeah that sounds right. Seems like it would be more work to slide spacers in there than just popping in a new spring. Either way it's outta here!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, with my new springs. They are a little more narrow on one end, that side going to the top control arm not the bottom right? Also, I still can't get this damn ball joint out :eek:

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
on removing ball joint... put puller on top of threaded end (leave the nut on loose) preload the joint take brass hammer hit spindle knuckle sharply should pop ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts