Chevelles.com banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this old post but could not add to it so here is something to supplement it:

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=56499

I know that this is an old post but here is a car just finished in it's original code 43 with the GM colour swatch. It's going in the World of Wheels in Calgary in February.

Just thought I would add this for the Teams reference.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow.. love it! Very nice color for that car. Any idea how many were made in Citrus green?

Not too many as it was a Canadian deal only for 1970. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,035 Posts
That must be an LS5 car then, cause the chart says not available with the LS6....

Nice color tho.

I'm thinking theres a guy here from Texas with a Camaro Gold 70 LS6, he tracked it down to a dealer that ordered a few in (IIRC) Hugger Orange, Citrus Green, and Camaro Gold....

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
That must be an LS5 car then, cause the chart says not available with the LS6....

Nice color tho.

I'm thinking theres a guy here from Texas with a Camaro Gold 70 LS6, he tracked it down to a dealer that ordered a few in (IIRC) Hugger Orange, Citrus Green, and Camaro Gold....
I know of a Citrus Green LS6

·
Registered
13,035 Posts
But the car you know of wasn't built in Canada.... they didn't build any LS6's in CA.... The car pictured above, I assume was since he shows GM of CA literature...:yes:

Of course, I could be totally wrong too :D

·
Super Moderator
9,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi all. Canadian car. LS-5 TH400 3.31. Tach Gauges, Buckets, Console.

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
But the car you know of wasn't built in Canada.... they didn't build any LS6's in CA.... The car pictured above, I assume was since he shows GM of CA literature...:yes:

No biggie, but where was that literature printed? Since they spelled the words "COLORS" and not "COLOURS," (other than in the jpg. description) it is probable that it was printed in the U.S. for GM of Canada. Anyone know for sure about that?????

·
Super Moderator
9,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And if you look at the sheet elsewhere it also has French. :D It's on the backside.
Only for Canada. ;)

·
Premium Member
19,940 Posts

George Zapora of GM of Canada confirmed to me that no LS6 Chevelles were built in Canada and all were built in the U.S. and imported for Canadian dealers. Since paint code 43 was not a standard color in the U.S. but probably could be ordered as special paint (RPO ZP3) it stands to reason that no LS6 could be ordered in paint code 43 - or any of the other Canada-unique colors.

I'd love to get the car in the LS5 Registry if it's documented. :noway:

·
Super Moderator
9,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
HI Dale.
You have a Private Message.
This car is completely documented and the trim tag matches.

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
Donnie's right!
There is a Citrus Green LS6. It was in my driveway years ago and before that with a collector that I bought my convertible from. I think it now resides in Texas, unless he sold it since last I heard about it.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts