Team Chevelle banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Banned
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clutch pedal rod on 66 SS BBC. Removed it to replace the boot. Journals on both ends are worn about 1/2. So want to replace it.

The ones I see in the pictures for a 66 at online parts stores looks different than mine.

I could have the wrong one. Here is a pic. Notice the bends. Online pics for 66 don't have those bends.

Attachments

· Registered
5,900 Posts
The one you have in the photo is the correct one for a '66. Don't trust what's in the restoration parts catalogs to be accurate.

If you can't find a correct reprodcution to replace the worn original, I would look for a good used original, or have someone repair yours.

· Registered
7,309 Posts
What makes that one in the photo work better then the ones in the resto books. I bought one and it works

· Banned
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The one you have in the photo is the correct one for a '66. Don't trust what's in the restoration parts catalogs to be accurate.

If you can't find a correct reprodcution to replace the worn original, I would look for a good used original, or have someone repair yours.
Thats the way I'm leaning. No rush to get it back together.

· Registered
5,900 Posts
What makes that one in the photo work better then the ones in the resto books. I bought one and it works
I didn't say it was better or worked better. I said it was original & correct for the car.

But since you asked, I bought a repro upper pushrod for my last '67, & it didn't have the proper bends. I managed to get it mounted in the holes of the z-bar & the clutch pedal, but the result was an obvious binding condition in the linkage. No thanks. I found an original & it worked fine.

· Banned
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Transmission & Driveline Section Please....
I sometimes get impatient with my frustrations over part correctness vs. what I find that is available and get in a rush to find answers. :confused:

Also, I've been here for only a month or so and haven't learned all the protocols yet. I'm just happy to be associated with you guys who have far more experience with these issues than I do. :thumbsup:

That said...The section you referenced would have no doubt been more appropriate. :beers:

· Banned
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

· Registered
5,900 Posts

· Premium Member
14,489 Posts
Mine were the exact same way as yours. Dont bother replacing them. I have welded the worn out gap up and just took it to a bench grinder to make it round again and it was just like new. Those can be welded shut and reused.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.