Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found out why my clutch adjustment rod was adjusted all the way out.

Z-bar end

Clutch Pedal End

Z-bar Frame Mount

These were original parts.

Still working on the parts replacement, but I think this should take care of the pedal adjustment.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
If you know somebody who is good with a welder, they can fix those for you. Just fill the metal back to original areas and grind to fit correctly.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you know somebody who is good with a welder, they can fix those for you. Just fill the metal back to original areas and grind to fit correctly.
Call Willard, Rick, he probably has the stuff stashed away.
I've already got replacement parts. They're all detailed up and mostly installed. Just need to install the adjustment rod and adjust it.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Rick, I found the same type of crack (not as bad as yours) at the same location on my Z-bar bracket. I didn't even see it until I blasted it. Ground it out, welded it up, had it powder coated and it as good as new. It was a problem in the making.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think having an 80,000 lb (exaggerated) Zoom Clutch in it all of those years probably caused some of this. WAY back in the day, I kept breaking clutch pedals.

About 10 years ago, I installed a lighter clutch assembly and my left leg has thanked me ever since. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finished up this repair tonight. Adjusted the pedal up and still have about 1.5" of open thread on the adjustment rod. Shifts great between all gears and the pedal operates very smooth.

Check your 40 year old parts for wear. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts