Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find out where to purchase the plastic (I think) bushings that fit on the clutch pedal assembly, where it goes through the brake pedal on a 65 Chevelle. The bushings actually fit on the shaft that goes through the brake pedal.
Thanks for your help.
Dan
12/15 Thanks to everyone for the help. I found out that the part number that DZ Auto (Tom) gave me has been updated to #15594358 and the local Dealer had 15 in stock.
Thanks again,
Dan

[This message has been edited by BigDan (edited 12-15-99).]

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Year One list them as pedal lever bushings new GM 64-72 for brake or clutch. So chevy dealer should have them.

Rene
66-Malibu

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I agree with Shooter. Infact I bought the plastic bushings for the brake pedal from my local GM dealer. Took a little work to get the "fish" for my 70 Malibu to show the part number. If I remember right, it was a little cheaper than Year One, not much, just a lttle.

------------------
DG
Springfield, Ohio
70 Chevelle Malibu

www.genxspeed.com/dg/chevy.htm [email protected]
TEAM Chevelle Member #0086
Genx member (Founder 4 Ohio)
eBay username: dg98adams

·
Registered
193 Posts
NPD has them, paddock has them, and year one. I haver a couple extra ones you can have if you want. E-mail me and I'll send them if you want. Good luck.

------------------
Steve

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Dan,
Go to any GM dealer parts dept, including Chev, and ask for 1247439. There is a good chance it is stocked because this would be a very common part (if it is not discontinued). As far as I know, all GM parts depts are now connected by computer, so if the one you go to doesn't have the part, you can ask them to check other dealers and have them pick them up (it takes 2) the same day. Over the years I have found discontinued parts in this manner at a dealer(s) in a far away state and had them shipped to my Chev dealer (it cost dearly, but at least I got a discontinued part I needed).

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Registered
826 Posts
Is this what we need for our pedal assembly? When I realease the clutch pedal I can feel it rubbing against the brake pedal and there is a noticeable (and annoying) squeak that comes from the pedals. I was going to get some grease up under there, but maybe not if I really need to get these things.

------------------
Tom H.
Member #259
Indianapolis,IN www.iquest.net/~bharold/chevelle/

·
Registered
246 Posts
You should be able to get those bushings in any auto parts store that has those red "Help" parts. I see them all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.