Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year Everyone. I am putting heavy duty cooling in my '68. I am installing a 772 fan blade to a 2747 Hayden fan clutch, which way do the fan blade tips point? Towards the radiator, or towards the engine. Also can anyone direct me to the proper fan to clutch mounting bolts. The instruction sheet that came with the fan clutch shows a 5/16-18x5/8 hex flange bolt. I am at a loss to find these in 5/8's length. I have looked at NAPA, O'reillys, AMK, ordered what AMK offered, but wrong size. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Terry

·
Premium Member
4,507 Posts
P/N 92979A245 at McMaster Carr. $9.54 for a package of 50.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank You , Pnugene. I had forgotten about McMaster -Carr . Ordered these today. Thanks Again, Terry:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now that I have the correct bolts, I assembled the fan to the clutch. Yes, I did torque them to proper spec. I went to install on engine and while the water pump has the correct bolt pattern, the pulley does not. I have a 327 engine , stock water pump. I am adding heavy duty cooling to my car because I have no air and I live in the valley in n. California, where it gets over 100 in the summer. Does anyone know the part number for the correct pulley for this fan and clutch setup? Thank you . Terry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts