Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally getting to the point where I'll soon be needing a clutch/pressure plate combo for my BB. I initially was just going to use the smaller 10.5 bell, since I have 2 of them, and don't currently own an 11" (that is the sizes, right?) and just use the current (smaller) flywheel from my 350, but decided if I've gone this far, might as well just max out my credit card and get all new.

What are some good, $200-$300 range combos of the clutch/pressure plate? I thought about this flywheel but I'm a little worried that I may "get what I pay for", since it's only $80. There are so many clutch choices on Summit. Was thinking of this kit for $270, which would only leave me with tracking down a bellhousing

G

·
I'm finally getting to the point where I'll soon be needing a clutch/pressure plate combo for my BB. I initially was just going to use the smaller 10.5 bell, since I have 2 of them, and don't currently own an 11" (that is the sizes, right?) and just use the current (smaller) flywheel from my 350, but decided if I've gone this far, might as well just max out my credit card and get all new.

What are some good, $200-$300 range combos of the clutch/pressure plate? I thought about this flywheel but I'm a little worried that I may "get what I pay for", since it's only $80. There are so many clutch choices on Summit. Was thinking of this kit for $270, which would only leave me with tracking down a bellhousing
I find it odd that the seller of that flywheel shows only the back, kinda odd. Also there is no information about the flywheel, like what it's made of and how much it weighs, very important data that is not mentioned.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't even think of that. Was just assuming it was correct. I need the 14" 168 tooth, correct? GM # 3789733? I'm guess my current SB starter will not work either?

·
Premium Member
6,740 Posts
That's the clutch kit I used along with the CF throwout bearing. I like the setup, has a nicer feel than the stock clutch I had before. I bought a new GM flywheel for a 454 last year from a dealer, $111.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts