Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a swapmeet today and found a couple of differant pedal assemblys. One guy said 66 is differant than 67. I have a 66 and want to convert to stick. Is there a differance? What year and models should I look for? I've seen them priced from $35. to $ 90. I figure I better investgate before I but something that don't fit. Thanks guys, Rick.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Rick

The clutch & brake pedals from 66 & 67 are different. The curves of the pedals, along with the shape of the housing the supports them & suspends them do not mix. If you have a 66, you can use the set-up from 64-66. 67 is alone. Hope this helps

Pete

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Pete. Can you tell me if I can get that assembly from differant models of G.M. cars, Like Nova from 64/66 and Camaro 67/68, Pont. Tempest or whatever?
Thanks again,Rick.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Rick, The pedals from a Camaro or a Nova will not fit, that much I know for sure. In theory a setup from a Lemans/GTO/Tempast, Cutlass or Skylark should work, but thats in theory. Someone more familiar with those models would have to answer that one. You can try Tamraz Chevelle Parts 630-904-4500. They have both pedals for $108.00 repo. What year is your car, I have the set-up for a 66. Pete

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm working on a 66 with a turbo 400. I have just about all the patrs to convert to a 4 speed so I can use my T10. It's been awhile since I got to pull some gears I just thought I'd convert for a year or two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.